Scenario Checker - wishlist
Since the topography checker is extended to the other tabs, here is a place to add in your ideas / wishes on what the Scenario Checker could do:
ERROR: Bounds for
simTimeStepLength- Suggestion: [0.01 - 1]
- WARNING: realTimeSimRatio != 0 - only if started from console (Maybe this could also be realized by visualizationEnabled = false -> then automically realTimeSimRatio is set to 0)
- WARNING: OSM + optimizationType = DISCRETE AND varyStepDirection = False -> Background: Pedestrians might not be able to walk through small passages
loadingType"CONSTANT_RESPECT_TARGETS" and "DYNAMIC" because they are deprecated (compare: https://conwiki1.cc.private.hm.edu/confluence/display/FK07PD/VADERE+Input+Parameters)
- WARNING if the parameters deviate from the default configuration - to avoid accidental "mis-"settings
- WARNING if groupSizeDistribution of any source is different from [1.0] but AttributesCGM is not present in Model tab (no groups will be simulated)
ERROR: No target that has
absorbing= true (that means pedestrians will never leave the simulation)
WARNING: if a list of targets is defined but one (which is not the last one) has the attribute
absorbing= true -> pedestrians won't reach their final target
radius!= 0.2 (because at the moment all potentials are calibrated for this radius)
- ERROR: If in a source a group distribution is given where something other then groups of 1 are produced and the group submodel is not given throw an error.
- ERROR: If a pedestrian has no target (separate pedestrian)
- ERROR: If distributionParameter of the source is 0.0 - leads to Exception (Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException)
- WARNING: if the source is too small for the amount of agents spawning. Some formula to estimate the pedestrian density required here, e.g. sourceArea / spawnNumberInSeconds < alpha => warning!
footStepsToStoreis zero (position interpolation and computing speed does not work then properly)
lineCrossProcessoris within obstacle (flow will not be calculated correctly!)
-> maybe also,
Line linecan be defined as
ERROR: agents might stop suddenly in front of non-absorbing targets if agent's
deletionDistanceare in conflict. Therefore, check
minStepLength < deletionDistanceor
minStepLength + eps < deletionDistance. See #140.
- ERROR: if area of obstacle == 0
NO WARNING: If a
TargetChangeris present, some targets might be used only by it. In this case, a warning is currently displayed that the target is unused.
WARNING: If a
TargetChangeris present but
useMinimumStepLengthis ´´true``. Recommend to set to ´´false´´.
ERROR: In attributesPedestrians: When the
speedDistributionMeanis set larger or smaller than the
maximumSpeed(NOTE: same as in Topography checker for single placed peds)
ERROR: Negative (maybe even non-positive?)
maximumSpeedset larger than 12 m/s (12.4 m/s is the world record by Usain Bolt) (NOTE: same as in Topography checker for single placed peds)
minimumSpeedis larger than
WARNING: If the free-flow std is larger than the limits for
writeSimulationData= false even though output processors are added and files are defined in which their output should be saved
- ERROR if group model is active groupId Processor must be selected
PedestrianPositionProcessoris set and
footStepsToStoreis 0. Bachground: The pedestrian position processor uses the latest foot step for interpolation, so it always needs the latest footstep and therefore a capacity of minimum 1.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS. More information